Navigating Your Future
The Austin College Compass Curriculum enables you to deeply explore ideas from multiple perspectives. We will prepare you with the knowledge and skills necessary to navigate the challenges of the 21st Century through a powerful, time-tested liberal arts curriculum.
You will need to choose a major and a minor and complete the graduation requirements in those areas. Additionally, there are these supporting requirements to guide you on your journey and prepare you for the future.
Experience connections between your liberal arts education and life beyond the classroom, providing pathways to meaningful careers and community participation.
- One approved Applied Learning Experience
- Three January Term courses
- First-Year Experience
Engage new perspectives and prepare yourself to participate in a diverse and global society.
- One course in Global Diversity
- One course in Systems of Power, Privilege, and Inequality
- Competency in a language other than English
Discover the vast array of knowledge and the modes of inquiry used in different academic areas to further your understanding of the natural world and human cultures.
- Four courses in the Humanities
- Two courses in the Social Sciences
- Two courses in the Sciences, with at least one lab
Develop foundational skills and habits that support a liberal arts education and the growth of you as a whole student who is prepared to navigate challenges in a fast-changing world.
- One course in Foundation Writing; Two courses in Advanced Writing
- Quantitative Literacy
- Lifetime Sports
Focus your learning by challenging yourself in two different fields that will cultivate complementary intellectual approaches needed to succeed in our ever changing and diverse world.
Leave ready to engage a diverse world in ways that can make a difference and empower those around you.